Bra att veta

Most students at Linköping University need to make their own arrangements concerning housing. Register with landlords and start looking for accommodation straight away. During the autumn term approximately 30% of the new students find housing with the student housing companies (corridor or student apartment). The other 70% rent a regular apartment or a rented room. There’s a general shortage of small, affordable apartments in both Linköping and Norrköping, so please consider other options also.

Through KOMBO you will find ads for sublet apartments and shared accommodation. Register and upload proof of admission to see the ads. Most of the time, but not always, the accommodations are furnished, and the rent includes electricity and Internet. Ask the landlord if furniture, electricity and Internet are included if you are unsure.

It's common for the landlords here to only have one room or apartment on offer. Be polite, make a good impression and keep your appointments to increase your chances of getting accommodation.

Be prepared to accept temporary accommodation, at least for a couple of months.

Don’t despair if you haven’t found permanent accommodation when you depart. It’s still possible to find housing when in Linköping, but your options will be more limited. We recommend that you organise temporary accommodation before your departure by booking a room at a hostel or hotel.

Please contact KOMBO if you have any problems with your landlord or questions about the Swedish rental law, contracts, landlords or housing companies. We provide several Templates that you can use when writing contracts or making comparisons.

You can find a booklet named Take Charge at . Although it is focused on the big city regions, it provides many general useful tips on how to find housing.

Sign in


Genom att klicka på knappen godkänner du villkoren